Thursday 17 January 2013

2012's must KEEP trends

2012 was a good year for fashion. We witnessed some pretty amazing new trends last year, from the leather comeback to baroque print to seeing peplum just about everywhere. 

I do hope they make it to the Spring Summer 2013 Collections but one 2012 fashion trend that will surely be missed is the 'unofficial' colour of Fall 2012 - oxblood. I have to say it was one my all time favourites. You can pair it when many other colours and I have this super cosy oxblood woollen snood which I wear with practically everything. 


Oxblood is quite a winter colour so I sincerely doubt that it will make it in the upcoming collections. Blues,greens and yellows are however predicted to be a huge hit in SS 2013.   I just hope that we'll get to see oxblood back in the game in the fall. 

Check out of some oxblood pieces you'll find in my wardrobe:




Another must have of 2012's fashion trends was the printed pant. We witnessed some pretty amazing prints last year, ranging from printed leggings to printed jeans. A few months back I bought a pair of printed Zara silk harem pants while I was on vacation in Barcelona. Again, they're very comfy and you can wear them with practically anything.

But a definite fashion no no for me was the wedged sneaker.





Honestly I'm not a fan of any sort of sneaker. I wear them just when I have to and try to avoid them at all costs. I never got the point in having a pair with wedges. I mean where should we wear them to? You can't go hiking cos they'll tire you out and you definitely can't be seen in public with them, so..I just never got the point. 

One trend that did catch my eye was the leather sleeved jackets. 



I remember seeing this one in Zara and I honestly regret not buying it. It's in oxblood and has a biker feel to it. It's pretty darn amazing. I just might make a trip to Zara again, check if it's on sale. 

But anyway, leather sleeved jackets were quite the hit last year. Leather in general made a huge impact especially when it came to leather-look pants. One of my favourites last year too. 

I've also earlier mentioned the baroque print. For a lot of people, and I honestly don't know why, they find it to be a bit too out there. I personally loved it and despite not finding the trend in most of my regular shopping outlets, ASOS.com had a vast range. 

I bought this fab looking skirt a while back and must say was one of my signature items last year.



I wore it numerous times, either pairing it with a sheer blouse or just a long sleeved knitted black top. When out for sushi with friends, I rocked it out in a pair of wooden heel Pull & Bear ankle boots and a black faux leather jacket. And then for a more elegant night out, I styled it with a mid-heel black court shoe and a tweed black coat. 

Again, one of my all time favourites. 

2012 had some really good trends and will surely be missed. But my motto is if it ain't broke don't fix it. So if you look good in one of the 2012 trends there's no shame in making it your own AGAIN in 2013.

Just remember, always keep it simple and sleek. 

Laters,
K x











No comments:

Post a Comment