Thursday 17 January 2013

5 reasons why this look just doesn't work

Dear Readers, 

I don't know if any of you out there have seen Kim Kardashian's latest look but I decided  to dedicate a whole blog post on it. 




As you might have noticed from the headline, I'm not a fan of this look on her.  And so I'll be giving you readers 5 reasons why I believe it just doesn't work.

Before getting to that, I need to point out that Kim was on her way for an appearance on 'The Late Show with David Letterman'. And so I decided to google some of her previous looks just to compare and contrast. 



Need I point out the difference? I was stunned at the transformation. From sporting curve hugging, revealing ensembles to a tuxedo inspired look. 

I'm all for menswear inspired looks but I just think this was a complete miss and here are my reasons why:

  1. Kim is just trying way too hard. I'm sorry but I just had to start with this one cos it was the first thing that popped into my head.  It's seems like she desperately wants to get rid of that sexy girl image she's been pinned with all her life. Well Kim, if that's what you're hoping for than this is the way to do it.
  2. Those pants. I mean for starters they're way too long for her. She should have opted for a pair of crop pants. She would have looked way better in those jacquard pants I posted on one of my previous posts
  3. and oh..that blazer. I don't know if you agree with me on this but in my eyes its seems like it doesn't fit. I know she's pregnant and all but there's just no excuse. She could have easily wore it in a bigger size and altered it to fit her body. 
  4. And what about those chequered peep toe shoes? They would look amazing with a pair of leather looking pants or a bodycon black dress. But with this ensemble? Joan Rivers is gonna have a field day with this. 
  5. Last but definitely not least, I just hated that she styled her hair this way - AGAIN. She's rocked it with other looks like the time she was pictured in a Balmain dress at the Cannes Film Festival. But this time? it just didn't do it for me. I would have preferred her in a pony tail or a high bun updo. 
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West at the Cannes Film Festival


Kim Kardashian has always been one of my style inspirations but lately it's just gone down hill. In my eyes, I have to say it again, it's just like she's trying too hard. And it's not like it's her first time sporting this look. She killed the tuxedo look in the Kardashian Christmad card and was also pictured in the same sequenced tuxedo blazer on Dancing with the Stars.  She was also photographed in a tuxedo dress which honestly is a way better look for her than this one.




Kim rocking a tuxedo dress
Kim in a tuxedo inspired look 
On her website, Kim Kardashian posted


"It’s funny, you can really see a difference between east coast style and west coast style. When I was tweeting live from east coast they loved the fashion!!! But when it got to the west coast they didn’t like it so much! Well… I liked it and that’s all that matters!
Take risks people! Have some fun with fashion!"
Well Kim, I'm from neither and I must say it just didn't cut it for me.

But hey, as long as the girl's having fun right? :P

Laters,
K x


No comments:

Post a Comment