Monday 14 January 2013

Golden Globe looks

So I don't know if anybody watched it, I sure didn't..was in bed by 10 pm yesterday..totally knackered. But anyway the Golden Globes were on yesterday and so the first thing I did this morning (obviously besides brewing a good cup of tea), was check out E online's gallery.

As I said in my previous post, I won't be discussing the elaborate works of designers such as Marchesa and Givenchy but I would like to discuss the style chosen by some of America's greatest actors.

Like other years, the mermaid dress is still the one that reigns over all the rest with actresses such as Jessica Alba, Sarah Hyland, Megan Fox, Hayden Panettiere and Amy Adams rocking one out. Taylor Swift is also dazzling on the red carpet in a dark plum taffeta mermaid gown. It features a sexy low back and long train, making quite the statement  as breakup rumours make headlines everywhere.




Up next, yet again sporting a mermaid dress is Emily Blunt. I've got to say I just loved this dress.



This beautiful actress is known for her simple yet sexy ensembles and once again I believe she's proven to everybody that looking good doesn't mean having to go overboard. Blunt was nominated for a Golden Globe yesterday evening, but despite not winning, this gold dress resembled the gold statute she hopes to win someday. I can't not mention how she kept it sleek with a simple bun and those eye popping pink gemstone earrings. Also, do notice the cut outs which are quite in vogue as I'm sure most of you know. 

Moving on, while browsing the E online gallery, I noticed that quite a lot of actresses opted for a long sleeved dress, which I must say I just love. As a matter of fact, I chose to sport a long sleeved dress for New Year's Eve which I must  say I'm quite happy about. 

The actress that I must say really shined for me is non other than Kate Hudson. 


I must say I just loved the over all look. She kept it simple with hair and make up and then just made a statement with this beautifully finished dress. In honest truth I would have opted for a low bun instead as unfortunately her flowing hair does cover up most of the gold establishment at the top. I know I wasn't meant to speak of any designers..but I will have to make an exception for this one. It's Alexander McQueen guys, and it just oozes perfection. 

I love the key hole detail together with the plunge neckline and the slight train. Overall I must say it was one of my favourites this year.

However, speaking of long-sleeved dresses, I believe Eva Longoria could have turned it down a notch. Yes she always looks amazing but I think she went a step too far with  this ensemble. 


I love the black lace sleeves however the plunge neckline, cut out back and a slit all the way up to her thigh was a bit of an overkill.  Her make up was executed nicely however she once again failed to impress me with her pulled up dramatic hair do. 

What I was surprised but at the same glad about, was that we barely saw any one shoulder pieces this year. They were a huge hit last year but failed to leave an impression this year. The only gal I saw sporting one was supermodel Heidi Klum. 

These are some out of the many looks of the night. Make sure to check E online or Huffington Post for more inspirational looks. 

Just remember, keeping it simple and sleek always wins at the end!

Laters,
K x





No comments:

Post a Comment